|Located In||Annapolis Royal|
|Where To Find Us||
O'Dell House Museum
136 St. George St
Annapolis Royal, NS B0S 1A0
|Areas Served||Annapolis Royal|
Description & Services
|Information||The Annapolis Heritage Society preserves our heritage by making it accessible to everyone in ways that will promote curiosity about the people, places and events that have shaped us.
Its mandate is to support its mission by:
- responsibly operating its museums and resource centres
- developing relevant programming
- continuing research, discovery and collection activities
- committing to the rehabilitation of buildings, through example or advocacy
- educating the broader community about local heritage and its benefits
- actively supporting relevant community and government aims which benefit heritage preservation.
The Annapolis Heritage Society owns and operates two museums — the O’Dell House Museum and the Sinclair Inn Museum. It also manages North Hills Museum, on behalf of the Nova Scotia Museum. The Society operates its Genealogy Centre out of the O’Dell House Museum.
The Annapolis Heritage Society is a member of the Association of Nova Scotia Museums, Council of Nova Scotia Archives, Heritage Trust of Nova Scotia, Canadian Museums Association, Southwest Nova Curator's Group, and the Annapolis Board of Trade.
Support for the operations of the Society comes primarily from membership fees, donations, financial gifts and grants. It is a registered charity.
To learn about membership, please click here.
To learn about volunteering, please click here.
|Hours||Closed to the public for the 2020 season, with staff working on-site Monday through Friday through the summer.|