Old St. Edward's Church is located at Clementsport, N.S. about 11 miles from Digby and 9 from Annapolis Royal.
It is a Loyalist church in original condition, with a fine collection of Loyalist artifacts and some historical records. The old cemetery on a high hill overlooks the Annapolis Basin and there is a panoramic view from the tower.
The village of Clementsport is located on land granted in 1784 to Captain Douwe Ditmars, a Loyalist of Dutch descent from Long Island, New York.
Those who settled in Clements Township, in which Clementsport is situated, consisted mainly of Loyalists who were of English, Dutch, and German background.
The building of St. Edward's Church began in early 1790s and was completed in 1795.
It was consecrated by the Church of England (now Anglican) Bishop Right Reverend Charles Inglis in September 1797.
Service is still held once a year, normally on the 3rd Sunday of August and there is a museum open from mid - June to end of August if funds are available for a guide.