Albany Community Church
|Record #: MCA0291||Last Modified: 26 May 2016||Last Full Update: 28 Mar 2016|
|Located In||New Albany|
|Where To Find Us||
5939 Hwy 10
New Albany, NS B0S 1P0
|Areas Served||Albany New|
|Description & Services|
|Information||Originally called the New Albany Baptist Church, construction of the Albany Community Church began in 1875 and was dedicated on May 20th, 1877.
The church demonstrates beautifully a transitional phase in Nova Scotia Baptist architecture between the early 19th Century meeting houses and the last 19th Century church buildings. The meeting house style is indicated in the overall form of a simple gable roof with double entrance ways while the pointed arches, with shouldered architraves, of the window and door frames herald a Gothic Revival Style.
The Albany Community Church is a Municipal Heritage Property registered by the Municipality of Annapolis County, officially registered, December 20th, 1994.
|Hours||Church services in our small community are held once a month, usually the second Sunday of each month at 10:00 am.
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Organizations ; Recreation Categories ; Religion / Spiritual Development|
|Categories - General||Places of Worship ; Religious/Spiritual Activities|