Annapolis / Digby
|Record #: MCA0364||Last Modified: 08 Feb 2018||Last Full Update: 08 Feb 2018|
|Located Within||Annapolis County|
|Areas Served||Annapolis County ; Digby County|
|Contact||Nadine Barteaux, Recreation & Special Events Officer, County of Annapolis|
|Description & Services|
Canadian Tire Jumpstart helps financially disadvantaged kids get involved in organized sport and recreation by covering the costs of registration, equipment and/or transportation.
Our goal is to help those children that would not be able to participate in a physical activity without the assistance of the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program.
Who can apply?
- Parents/Guardians can apply for children aged 4-18
- The program is open to individual children, not groups or teams.
- Funding is available for multiple children within the same family for the same season.
What does the grant cover?
- Funds are awarded for registration fees, equipment and/or transportation costs.
- Grants are available for up to $300 per child, per application.
What kind of sport or recreational activity is covered?
- Funding is available for any sustained program that lasts a season.
- Funding must be for on-going activities or programs.
Is the application confidential?
- Confidentiality of all recipients will be protected.
- To receive assistance for equipment, the applicant must show proof of registration.
- Incomplete application forms will be sent back for completion, if required.
- Applicants will receive a phone call no later than four (4) weeks after the deadline notifying them of the status of their application.
- Grants are made payable to a league, association or club. Grants for equipment are made payable to a sporting goods retailer.
How to apply:
Proof of total family income must accompany the application form.
You must include A or B:
A) Proof of total family income (for tax return or notice of assessment call 1-800-959-8281); or
B) Authorization from the Department of Community Services
Applications may be dropped off at Canadian Tire stores or submitted to the Recreation Departments of Annapolis and Digby Counties.
The application form for the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program can be found here.
|Eligibility||Ages: 4 year(s) - 18 year(s)|
|Dates||2016 Application Deadlines:
1st of Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Funding programs ; Recreation Categories|
|Categories||Recreation Related Expense Assistance ; Sports Program Participation Expense Assistance|