Cape Split Trail
Provincial Day-use Park
|Located In||Scot's Bay|
|Where To Find Us||
999 Cape Split Rd
Scot's Bay, NS
|Areas Served||Nova Scotia|
|Phone||902-662-3030 * Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm ADT|
Description & Services
A large natural environment park popular with hikers, is considered to be a provincially significant coastal landmark overlooking the Bay of Fundy. The site offers wildlife and tidal viewing opportunities.
Distance: About 6 km (4 mi.) one way, 12 km (8 mi.) return.
Return travel time: 2.5 to 5 hours
Enjoy a moderately challenging back country hike in this 430-hectare park, which protects important natural and cultural values. The trail opens out to a look-off 60 metres (200 feet) above the rugged coast of the Bay of Fundy.
Open year round from dawn until dusk daily.
About 6 km (4 mi.) one way, 12 km (8 mi.) return.
Return travel time: 2.5 to 5 hours.
Stay on established trails:
• Cliffs are actively eroding and unstable—keep well back.
• Incoming tides are fast, strong, and unpredictable—shoreline exploration NOT recommended.
• Wear sturdy footwear and appropriate clothing—weather may change quickly.
• Take plenty of water and apply sun protection.
• Plan to return to the trail head before dusk.
• Tell someone that you’re here and when you expect to return home.
Please respect this natural area by: Packing out all garbage, and keeping pets leashed at all times. Camping, campfires and hunting are not permitted. Note the toilet locations (marked on the trailhead sign) and plan accordingly.
Additional information sites:
1.Novatrails.com Click here
2.Novascotia.com (About Nova Scotia blogs): Click here
3.Tide information: Click here
|Hours||Dawn until Dusk|