Lakeville Women's Institute
|Record #: MCK0406||Last Modified: 26 May 2016||Last Full Update: 01 Apr 2016|
|Where To Find Us||
1159 Woodville Rd
|Areas Served||Kings County (NS)|
|Description & Services|
The Lakeville Women's Institute:
- Provides a bursary to a student for secondary education.
- Maintains the community centre where we hold meetings, suppers & luncheons. The community also uses the centre for birthdays, anniversaries, wedding & baby showers, community meetings. It is used in federal and provincial elections. Our meetings are open to the community for our programs like travel, health care awareness etc.
- Holds annual fund-raisers for heart & stroke & cancer.
- Knit finger puppets, toe socks, caps and donate them to the hospital.
- Produce & edit and deliver a community newsletter.
- Cater for birthdays, anniversaries and organizations.
- Organize a Christmas community pot luck and program where we gather food for the food bank.
- Collect pennies/coins that go to wells, orphanages and scholarships in third world countries.
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Organizations ; For women & girls ; Recreation Categories|
|Categories - General||Service Clubs ; Women|