Hantsport Memorial Community Centre
|Record #: MWH0016||Last Modified: 04 Aug 2017||Last Full Update: 08 Feb 2016|
|Where To Find Us||
6 Main St
Hantsport, NS B0P 1P0
|Areas Served||Eastern & Central Kings ; West Hants|
|Description & Services|
Churchill House is available for rentals:
- Weddings & Receptions
- Special Events
- Corporate Events
The Churchill House was built by Ezra Churchill in 1860 for his son John Wiley Churchill as a wedding gift.
The Churchills were the owners of Hantsport's largest shipbuilding company.
Ezra and his wife Ann had 11 children, two of which were sons who both worked for their father in the ship building industry.
John lived here with his wife and two daughters, Violet and Laura, until his death.
The first floor of the house was restored in 1966 as a Canadian centennial project, and two upstairs rooms were done in 1978.
Please refer to website for further details and a lovely video about the property.
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Halls (Rentals) ; Museum ; Recreation Categories ; Rental - Facilities ; Tourism|
|Categories - General||Community Facilities/Centres ; Meeting Space ; Museums ; Special Events & Festivals ; Wedding Sites|