The Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia
Description & Services
|The Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia (RHGNS) is a non profit organization for those interested in keeping the art and craft of rug hooking alive and flourishing.
Although the guild originally promoted rug hooking in Nova Scotia, today the guild also includes New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Currently the guild has over 600 members who represent every province in Canada, as well as members in England and the United States.
Even more than an association, the Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia represents a community of engaged members from beginners to lifelong contributors to the art form. As such, it supports a number of activities to engage sharing, inspiration and dialogue;
- Internationally recognized Rug School in Spring
- Loop magazine quarterly
- Hook-ins & Regular contact throughout the various Regions
- Support of prizes at various fairs throughout the provinces
The mission of the RHGNS is to:
- encourage participation in the art and craft of rug hooking
- foster a sense of originality and beauty in colour and design
- provide support for the exchange of ideas and information members
- sponsor and financially assist specific programs for the membership designed to promote excellence in the craft
- promote public awareness through exhibitions and publicity
- record and preserve the history of the craft
To find out more about the RHGNS, how to become a member, or find an active group near you, please email or visit the above website.
|Any rug hooker can become a member of the Rug Hooking Guild of Nova Scotia.