Annapolis Valley Macdonald Museum
Annapolis Valley Historical Society
|Record #: TOM0003||Last Modified: 26 Apr 2022||Last Full Update: 21 Apr 2016|
|Located In||Middleton (Annapolis Co.)|
|Where To Find Us||
21 School St
Middleton, NS B0S 1P0
|Areas Served||Annapolis Valley Region|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 925|
|Description & Services|
Our museum is located in the former Macdonald Consolidated School building, which was:
- The first consolidated school building in Canada
- Founded by Sir William C. Macdonald, educational philanthropist
- School operated from 1903 to 1979
- Over 150 antique clocks and pocket watches from the Nova Scotia Museum's collection.
- Displays of historical artifacts, household items, agricultural tools and more.
- Recreated classroom and general store.
- Sports Heritage Wall of Fame.
- Genealogical research library with information pertaining, but not limited, to Annapolis County families and local communities.
- Gift Shop
- Meeting facility for up to 150
Incorporated in 1978, the Annapolis Valley Historical Society acts as a governing body for the Museum.
Please visit our website for membership information, current events, exhibit details and more.
Contact us about volunteering!
June 1st - Sep 3
Mon to Sat: 9:30 am to 4pm
Closed Sundays and Holidays
by appointment only
7:30pm, 4th Tues, Sep to Nov, and Apr.
Annual General Meeting:
4th Tues of May.
|Accessibility||Partially Wheelchair Accessible - Wheelchair|
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Markets ; Community Organizations ; Family-friendly ; Library ; Museum ; Recreation Categories ; Rental - Facilities ; Tourism ; Volunteer Opportunity|
|Categories - General||Community Facilities/Centres ; Historic Places ; Historic Preservation ; Museums ; Volunteer Opportunities|