|Kings County (NS)
Description & Services
|Wolfville’s Main Street of today was part of the old Post Road of the New England Planters which connected Halifax and Annapolis. In the Annapolis Valley, it followed the Grand-Pré to Annapolis trail used by the Acadians from 1680 to 1755. In the late 18th century, the road here was bordered almost entirely by farms. By 1800, two locations, at the beginning and end of our walk, had become the “industrial” and the “social” centres of what was then called Upper Horton.The building to the left was Hales' department store and building to the right is currently the Atlantic Lighting Company.
Click here to view the Historic Wolfville Walking Tour Brochure