Family Resource Centre of West Hants
Programs & Services
|Record #: WIN0208||Last Modified: 22 Feb 2021||Last Full Update: 20 Jan 2017|
|Where To Find Us||
80 Water St
Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
|Areas Served||West Hants|
|Contact||Kim Chambers, Programe Coordinator|
|Description & Services|
Family Resource Centre of West Hants believes that families today take many different forms. All families can benenfit from support and resources to enhance positve family values. Our Vision: People Helping People
- To enhance positive family experiences through information, education and support
- Provide any opportunity to share and develop healthy lifestyles in a friendly and supportive environment
- Encourage participants to become involved in the Centre and the local community
- Identify and address families' needs
- To promote positive parenting
- To familiarize families with support services and available resources
- To assist families in developing support
- Networks to reduce feelings of isolation and stress
- To Provide a safe setting where parents, caregivers and children can interact and share information
- To enable families to have an active role in programs
Current program offerings:
~Playgroups for parents/caregivers and children 0-5 yrs.
~Babylove for families with babies 0-12 months.
~Healthy Beginnings for families of children 0-36 months referred by Public Health.
Please visit the website for current information and other programs!
The Family Resource Centre of West Hants is a non-profit, charitable organization. Our programs and services are run from grants, donations and fundraisers. Your donations are important, although families who are unable to support us financially are more than welcome at our Centre.
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Organizations ; Recreation Categories ; Support Programs|
|Categories - General||Individual and Family Support Services|